Jan 26, 2010

Swirls.....

I couldn't think of a better title. Creativity is running a little low.....but hopefully it will pick up soon since we just got this awesome fabric to cover pillows for our couch with (pictures soon!).

No excitement today except for a 2 hour walk with my new shoes (well new as of Sunday), oh, and that Mike downloaded  Lady Gaga's "The Fame Monster" album for me. I don't know why, but I am obsessed with her right now!

We are running low on cereal at the house and since we can't go shopping for food till February, I made cinnamon rolls from scratch yesterday! The basic recipe was in the 1956 cookbook:

I am still getting the hang of rolling out dough. Normally I steer clear of recipes that involve rolling out dough.

 
The recipe suggested just placing them in on a baking sheet or in individual muffin cups but I prefer the glass casserole dish:

All done!

 
Wait, I forgot something.....the icing!








Fantastic! Tomorrow and Thursday I will be working feverishly on goodies to take for our extremely belated Christmas dinner down in Sarasota with my Grandma and Aunts, so I am sure there will be plenty of pictures. Until then here is my little crested gecko Yomi after I adopted him at 6 months old in 2007:



1 comment:

  1. Hey Steph,
    Great talking to you today! The rolls looked really good :) I found a pillow that you could cover, I was supposed to use to to make something for a friend but never got around to it. So, I will save it for you along with the shelves. Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete