Jan 13, 2010

Finally!

What a great day it was today! 65 and sunny! It was so nice I went for a hour and half walk (while I talked on the phone of course)!

After much cleaning (plus forgetting to thaw anything with substance), I decided to make pasta with a home made sauce (which I just made up today!) and freezer burned chicken (it's only good drenched in sauce or in soup). The sauce came out a little salty but was super good. Here is the recipe:


Stephanie's Pasta Sauce

3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 medium Yellow Onion (chopped)
2 tbsp minced garlic (I use the pre-minced stuff store in water in a jar, if you use fresh I would use a little less)
2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5oz.....try to find the stuff without added salt, I think that's why the sauce was a little salty)
1 can tomato paste (2.8oz)
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp chopped basil (fresh or dried)
Pepper to taste

Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan till it ripples over medium to high heat, add garlic and onion and saute for a few minutes. Then add the rest of the ingredients, reduce heat, and simmer for about 20-30 minutes covered. Stir every few minutes.

That's it! And here it is:

And the finished meal. I used little penguin shaped pastas I got from my Mom for Christmas and added some sauteed chicken and fresh shredded mozzarella.


I think if I didn't use the chicken I may have added mushrooms or ground beef (if I had some) to the sauce. 

And I am spent ( I got up early today for a job fair). Please enjoy this picture of a wonderful dinner Mike made for me back in Dec 2006 (tempura veggies, tofu in some sort soy sauce glaze and pan seared salmon). He's such a good cook :)


No comments:

Post a Comment