Jun 2, 2010

Finally starting to get a hang of this fish thing.....

Side note: I had a good time in NY this past weekend except for my day spent in LaGuardia airport yesterday. Got to the airport at 10am, flight was scheduled to leave at 12pm to make my connecting flight in Atlanta to Tampa by 3:10pm and to be home by 4:30pm.  By 12pm we had not started boarding yet due to traffic on the runway. My name was called over the loud speakers and I was told at the desk that I was going to miss my connection, so I was being bumper to a later flight, direct into Tampa, and I was also being upgraded to first class and given a food voucher for lunch since I had to sit in the airport for a few more hours. My first thought was "Hell yea! A direct flight and first class, who cares if I don't get in until 6pm!". 3:15pm rolls around and my new flight had not starting boarding. By 3:50 we were ready for take off. We got up to the runway, only to turn around and get back in the line we were just waiting in. This happened 3 more times, one of those times was because some one in the back stood up when they weren't supposed too. Apparently storms south of us were holding us up. We sat on the runway, in the plane, in our seats, until 6:30pm. Finally, by 8:40pm I was home. Ugh....first class barely made up for the fact that we had to sit in the plane for over 2 hours. I digress.....


I don't remember (and right now I am too lazy to look) if I have mentioned the fact that we have a lot of fish in our freezer as a result of Mike's fishing escapades and Grandma's freezer clearing. Grouper was the fish of choice tonight:
Sorry I didn't take more pictures! The grouper was baked for 15 minutes at 450 F in foil packets and in a butter sauce that I made up (smart balance butter, pepper, onion flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, and some salt free seasoning). I used our new rice cooker to cook the rice and steam the veggies at the same time....it was pretty awesome. Then I used any leftover butter sauce to put on the veggies and rice. I thought the fish came out really good, but I always like it when the fishy flavor is severely dulled. I am still experimenting with ways to cook fish, but I think the butter sauce may be my favorite so far.

That's all I got. Until next time, please enjoy this photo of me and my "cousin" Rocky the Pomeranian back in 2005 when he was a puppy:

No comments:

Post a Comment