Jun 14, 2010

Grouper with "puttanesca" sauce and orzo

I guess I should share what I made tonight after my last blog :)

Tonight's dinner was grouper with "puttanesca" sauce and orzo :
Why do I call it "puttanesca", well because it's not really puttanesca sauce the way it should be made. The recipe called for kalamata olives and capers. I do have olives at home (not kalamata olives though) but they are either canned or in a brine. Capers are not a food item I go out of my way to have, so, if you figured it out, the sauce was made without olives or capers. I also did not grill the grouper, I decided to pan fry them instead because I was lazy. It was really good! I haven't had orzo in a long while and I forgot how good it is. If you aren't a big fish fan outside of the fried and battered kind, I really suggest you try this recipe. You may start a love affair with fish.

That's all I have for the now. Until next time please enjoy this photo of a little tree frog on a screen at my Aunt's house in Sarasota that I took about 3 years ago:

No comments:

Post a Comment