May 30, 2010 I am ready

It's Sunday morning, I am sitting on the couch next to my Grandma (on my Dad's side) in her Long Island home, so I figured this lazy Sunday morning would be the best time to finally share my adventures with you.

Again, sorry it's been so long! I was looking back at the archives and it looks like I have only been posting about 6 or 7 blogs a month since I started working. Man, I suck.....

Let's go back to Friday the 21st.....I had an extraordinary amount of canned beans that my Grandma (on my Mom's side) had sent me as well as some frozen kielbasa, so I decided to make up a new chili to use them in:
If I recall correctly, I put in white northern beans, kidney beans, and black beans. I sliced the kielbasa in chunks and then I also added canned tomatoes, garlic, onion and some other stuff I can't remember now. The finished chili:
Ta da! It was really really good. I like it way better than my normal chili (Mike disagreed). The kielbasa gave it a very interesting taste, but a good one none the less. But then again, chili is pretty hard to screw up.

Last Monday I had to work the close shift. When I finished I called Mike and told him to pull out some fish to thaw and I would cook it when I got home. He mumbled something and agreed. When I got home I found this:

He had already made a pizza for me! Half was just mushrooms, onions, and olives, and the other half was onions, mushrooms, olives, and turkey pepperoni for him. He is so good to me :)

The next night we had a meeting at work that provided us with free dinner so I told Mike he had to fend for himself that night and this was the picture I found on my camera the next day:
I guess he made himself pasta and sauce. I didn't get to have any since he ate it all before I got home, but he was very pleased with it.

Wednesday night I felt super lazy. I saw a can of refried beans, blue corn chips, and cheddar cheese. Nachos:
I know it doesn't look very appetizing, but it was good. After I started eating it I realized I should have put some onions and olives on it....oh well.

I opened my big mouth at work and told people I was a baker. Of course I had to show of my skills and bring some cookies into work on Thursday. The plethora of cookies:

I made chocolate chip:
And peanut butter:
But of course I left some of them at home so Mike could enjoy some this weekend while I was gone.

And finally, Friday night I used some of the mackerel Mike caught for this recipe. Here are the chickpeas simmering:
I didn't have any basil left (since some one used it all earlier in the week), so I tried parsley instead and I also substituted yellow onions in place of spring onions since that's what I had. The finished meal:
I really liked it, but you need to have a taste for chickpeas, which I do. At least it used up the chickpeas and some of the mackerel we had.

Okay....that's it. Unfortunately, the rest of the week I work close shifts so I don't expect to be doing alot of cooking. Until next time, please enjoy this photo of Charlie that we took earlier this month to celebrate one of our friends birthdays:

No comments:

Post a Comment