May 13, 2010

Two days in a row....hellz yea!

Yesterday we went to the store looking for this. But after a little thinking ("we don't need a deep fryer" "it will be bad for us" "ooh look at this fancy rice cooker" "our rice cooker is old and doesn't work well" "lets buy this"), we ended up with a new aroma rice cooker that sort of looks like this, but actually looks like this:

Anyway, dinner tonight was shepherd's pie via Colman's Shepherd's Pie Mix. I used all the ingredients it called for except I made mashed potatoes my way, with beef stock instead of the normal chicken stock I use. Before the oven (while I was still adding potatoes):
And after the over (after it bubbled and oozed all over):
I can't remember the last time I had shepherd's pie. This was good but not anything spectacular. I sliced some of the carrots too thick, so they didn't cook all the way through. Whatever.

After a quick trip to the backyard.....check out the tomato plants:
And if you look really close (sorry the picture is blurry), you can see a baby tomato:
Hooray! Okay, that's all for today. Until next time, please enjoy this photo of Mike and my "cousin" Rocky:

No comments:

Post a Comment