Feb 27, 2010

A quick one for you!

Work is kicking my ass.....but I have a feeling when I finally see my first pay check and my benefits it will all be worth it. I am getting quite buff though......grrrr. Like I said before, cooking (in the real sense) has been very sparse and very infrequent, but I just wanted to share with you what I made the other night and what I have planned for tomorrow since I am off (but then I work a 6am-1pm shift on Monday!).


I bought some assorted pork chops from after I got off work the other day and I figured we would try my Grandma Lopez's (actually given to my by the other Grandma I talk about all the time) electric wok. So with a little sesame oil, some frozed mixed veggies, and some pork we get this:
 
I forgot seasoning, but the sesame oil did all the work and it was great!

I also purchased some Rock Cornish Game Hens from Aldi:
 
 I wanted to experiment with these tomorrow so that maybe, just maybe, I can make some when I have guests here. I haven't decided yet, but I will probably use one of these recipes from the Aldi Meal Planner

And that's it! Again, I apologize profusely for my lack of anything blog worthy. To make up for it (and in honor of the Olympics) please enjoy this photo I found on-line a few years back (Dad if you see this, tell Mikey to check it out):

No comments:

Post a Comment