Mar 22, 2010

Fed Up

I know this blog is supposed to be about my wonderful adventures in cooking, creating, and housemaking, but I am fed up (especially since I haven't been able to do any of those three things lately). I hate work. This job stinks. It's not the people by any means. My bosses and fellow employees are very nice and a pleasure to work with, but the actual job is what stinks. I thought I was only going to be working between 20-30 hours a week, but I am always scheduled for at least 35-40 hours (and that doesn't count the times I stay later or come in early). I am constantly sore and dependent on coffee (and with my over consumption the past month I have started getting those "withdrawal" headaches again). I always worry about the next day of work. Will I get to leave on time or will I be asked to stay late? Will I have to ring so many customers in a row at a dizzying speed that I can't see straight? How many more cuts, bruises, or scratches will I get that day? When I come home at night I don't feel like I get to relax, even if the following day I have off. There is always something that needs to be done at the house. I used to do all my major cleaning on one day a week. Then the rest of the week was spent doing other small jobs (like puppy baths or cleaning reptile cages) or sewing or cooking an amazingly spectacular meal (I guess they aren't always spectacular). I never really needed coffee, I always had energy even after my 3-4 mile walk.

I know I shouldn't be complaining. I should be happy I have a job at all. I am glad that I am making money to pay off my bills and help my family, but at what costs. Maybe once this new store settles down I will be able to focus on what really matters to me.

Sorry, but thanks for listening (I guess reading). I am now off to work to close tonight and then open (6am) tomorrow. Yay......not.

2 comments:

  1. Blogs are supposed to be a place to vent every now and again. It's your blog, vent away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that is totally true! Thanks for keeping me in check :)

    ReplyDelete