Mar 21, 2010

7 days in a row!

Of work that is. I just finished day 5. I also just realized its been almost a week since my last blog. I am so sorry! Mike's parents just left this morning and we did do some cooking while they were here but nothing too complex. I did try a new cookie recipe from the 1956 Betty Crocker cookbook (I gave my Mom back the 1961 book). They were butterscotch cookies with brown butter icing (pg 196). Finally, the mixed in action:
The cookies baking:
And then I forgot to take pictures of the brown butter icing or the cookies after icing. But I did finally get to use my cake stand so I took a picture of that:
And then I took the rest of the cookies to share with my fellow employees at work. They were excellent and very cake like. It sort of surprises you when you bite into them.

Well I hope this post will do for now. Until next time, please enjoy this photo of me from a few years ago during a herpetology trip to Kelley's Island in Ohio. I still had my "purple" hair and I am holding a blue racer:

No comments:

Post a Comment