Mar 15, 2010

4 days off? Un-heard of!

Today is day 3 of 4 days off. I highly doubt I will have this sort of time off again in quite a while. Anyway, my Aunt Lorri sent some gigantic lemons home with Mike last week and I made fresh lemonade yesterday with those beasts (note the size of the bananas next to the lemons!):

Last nights dinner had a Mexican theme. I have the Better Homes and Gardens Mexican Cook Book from 1977. I decided on Chueletas de Puerco Adobadas (Adobo Pork Chops) on pg 53 and Arroz con Tomate (Spanish Rice) on pg 72. As well as these lima beans with out the chorizo. The pork with the homemade adobo sauce:
Lima beans:
And the yummy rice:
It was all very good and I will for sure make it all again. Dessert was just a pre-made pumpkin pie from Angel Food. Tonight I think the plan is to grill up some steaks and I will make those spicy potato wedges again.

In the mean time, please enjoy this photo I snapped yesterday of a green anole in our backyard:
This photo is so exciting because green anoles are very rare down here since thye have been pushed northward by the invasive brown anole. I am very happy to have one make their home in our backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment