Apr 20, 2010


UPDATE: Still waiting to hear back from that opportunity....one of the ladies was out of town till today, so that explains the delay.

Sunday, of course, was the day to try out a new recipe from my new cookbook. So for breakfast I made cranberry muffins:
I am glad that my cranberries were still partially frozen cause they would have been a pain in the ass to "roughly chop" otherwise:
I substituted 3/4 cup of white flour for whole wheat flour to make them a little healthier (and more filling for breakfast). As you can see from this picture, I beat the batter a little too much since I got some peaks on my muffins:
Very, very good. I like muffins with "fresh" cranberries instead of the dried, sweetened ones.

After my muffins, I had to tackle this:
We bought too many canned goods on Saturday, and I had to rearrange the cupboard to fit them all in, but until I did they sat on the counter like this all day Saturday and all day Sunday.

I had to work the closed shift on Sunday so I asked Mike to make me his pan-seared fish. And he lovingly did:
It was so so so good! The mackerel smelled fishy but did not taste it at all. I can't really describe what is tasted like (I guess like the sauce Mike put on it).

On Monday before work I made a large pot of chili so Mike could have left overs for the week. The onions, yellow peppers, and garlic sauteing in my wonderful dutch oven:
And the finished chili:
Exciting, I know.

Today was a pork roast in the slow cooker (sorry no pictures) and a fresh strawberry pie from my new cookbook. Now technically they weren't "fresh" strawberries, but it was very close. They were strawberries that were once fresh but were frozen and then thawed. And then Mike and I each ate a piece before I remembered to take a photo:
It's not very pretty, but it was good. I made the strawberry glaze myself and didn't do a half bad job.

I was scheduled to work tomorrow, but my boss texted me and told me I had the day off. I still haven't decided what I am doing tomorrow! It will be my first day to myself in a while. On my days off I am usually cleaning since I normally only get 2 days off a week. So until next time, please enjoy this photo of Toehead. He is a bearded dragon that used to be part of the collection over at the Malone University Serpentarium. He is aptly called "Toehead" because he has a genetic defect that caused him to grow a toe out of his head:

No comments:

Post a Comment